Personality and Teamwork

I've taken the personality assessment provided by ITP Lab. The report, I think, provides an accurate description of me in the following five items:

  1. Extroversion:  Generally, I'm an active person. I enjoy taking the lead in a group assignment, but also feel comfortable allowing others to take charge
    in a team and make contributions. I can maintain a balance between joy and seriousness at work and the report recommends me to take advantage of my flexibility to encourage the team. I am willing to meet new friends but sometimes enjoy focusing on the ongoing work.
  2. Emotionality: As for emotionality, sometimes I may feel stressed or worried about the tasks but will not be overwhelmed by those thoughts. I don't easily get frustrated and am able to stay focused on the tasks instead of being distracted by external temptations. However, sometimes I am too critical of myself and vulnerable in multiple tasks. I should turn to my teammates for help and share ideas with them more often.
  3. Conscientious: Usually I put in extra time in team work and I am suggested to make efforts to make everyone contributes equally. I am dependable and tend to be cautious when making a decision before taking action. When it comes to work space, I am okay with both tidy style and chaos. I need to point out that sometimes I might waste time procrastinating and I need to get rid of this bad habit.
  4. Agreeableness: I can find a balance between my own needs and others' feelings in study and life. According to the report, I need to work hard to keep a harmonious and healthy debate in the team. I am relatively modest and able to follow the rules most of the time. On most occasions I can sympathize people but not all. I trust people but still tend to be cautious in some aspects.
  5. Openness: I enjoy some routine but can also accept change and variety. I tend to think in tangible ways and should make an effort to develop my imagination. I am okay with theoretical discussion and basic aspects of a task, which are both beneficial to a team to succeed. In addition, I am open to liberal ideologies but also see the value of tradition. Since I don't experience emotions intensely, I may not understand those who do and that's what I'm going to improve in the near future for a better relationship in the team.

 I have to say that this assessment helps me a lot on self-recognition. Now I have a clearer understanding of my personality. I'll make targeted adjustments in order to show good teamwork in the upcoming activities.

     

评论

此博客中的热门博文

#5 Law

Technological

Introduction